Learning to speak English fluently, and learning about the British people – the flexible and easy way.
Angela Harwood offers practical solutions by providing General English and Business English Modules. These are given by a qualified tutor who holds a CELTA Certificate (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
The Modules are designed to meet specific needs, and always aim to provide a knowledge of English that will be appropriate for the person involved. Our programmes cover General English and English for Business and Commerce. These are customised to suit the individual by integrating the most relevant Modules. We also offer Modules covering Medical English, and Elocution for those who wish to polish up their speaking skills.
Individual tuition is the advised option to achieve optimum results in a limited period of time.
General English Modules
Some of the areas commonly offered are:
- Conversational English
- Coaching in Elocution – how to improve your accent, techniques to control and project your voice, and greater awareness of how to use your voice effectively
- Forms of Spoken Address, Well-known Spoken Phrases, Colloquial English
- Problem words – Confusing and Difficult Word Pairs, Ambiguous Words
- Geo-Political Names, Abbreviations, Innovations, Similes, Proverbs and Euphemisms
- Popular Language, Descriptions, Styles, Problem Words, Word Formation, Related Word Groups
- Vocabulary, Current Affairs, also Social and Practical English
- Style – Formal English, English in Advertising, Newspaper Headlines
- Britain, The British Isles, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom
Business English Modules
We offer practical Business English Modules such as:
- How to deal with Difficult People
- How to be Assertive
- The Perfect Handshake and Greeting
- Presenting Business Cards
- Meetings including vocabulary, sentence structure and tips
- Travel arrangements
- Business English – Socializing
- How to give Presentations – understanding your objective, preparation, writing and performance
- Interview Technique
- Tips for writing your Personal Statement
- Terms to Enhance your Business English vocabulary
- Business letters and correspondence
- Correct forms of Address
- Tips for Writing Articles
- How to Do Business with Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States of America
- Positive team working
- Medical English
Our aim is always to provide a personalised service tailored to your specific needs and to help you maximise your potential whilst you are in the United Kingdom.